These little cheese crackers are so enjoyable! Serve them as an appetizer with a spreadable cheese or as a savoury accompaniment to a nice salad.
Cook time: 15 Min Prep time: 2 Hr 15 Min Serves: 15
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1/2 c butter, melted
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp water
1. Combine cheese and butter until well blended.
2. Add flour, sugar, salt, and cayenne blend until well mixed.
3. Add water and mix until mixture comes together and forms a dough.
4. Knead dough until smooth.
5. Form into a ball, divide in half, and shape each half into an 8 inch log.
6. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and chill 2 hours.
7. Remove dough logs from refrigerator; slice into 1/4 inch disks and place on 2 baking sheets that are greased.
8. Poke a fork in the top a few times.
9. Bake 12-14 minutes at 375 degrees until just golden on the edge.